Saturday, March 14, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 16

I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord, the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:1-2

Dear God,

May I live out this verse in my life. I have so many things to praise You for; Your praise shall continually be in my mouth. I thank You for the changing of the seasons that we are witness to: the bright sunshine, the warmer temperatures, the fresh grass appearing and the buds on the trees are all testimonies of Your lovingkindness in creation. I praise You for Your watchful care over me and my life: that You, the King of the Universe would be interested in me, and love me, is almost beyond my comprehension and I praise You for Your grace and mercy to me.

I praise You Lord that You are God alone. That from before time began, You were on Your throne and You remain. I praise You that You are unchanging: the same yesterday, today, and yes, forever. I praise You that You hold the world in Your hand, and that nothing is out of Your control.

God, you are great and glorious. My soul makes it boast in You and You alone.

In Your name,
Amen.

No comments: