Wednesday, March 25, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 25

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

Dear Lord,

I thank You that You make me dwell in safety. I praise You that You are in control of this Universe and this Earth and that You can protect us from danger. Today, Lord, I ask Your protection over those who serve us on this Earth to keep us in safety. I ask that You would guide and direct the police officers, fire fighters, emergency responders, medics, and everyone else who works every day to keep us out of harm's way or to restore safety in our lives. Lord, just as they protect us, I ask that You would protect them. Give them wisdom as they make decisions, probably usually within split seconds. Give them discernment. Lord, unite them in their efforts to keep the peace and ensure safety in our cities and towns and communities.

Holy God, I acknowledge that You are the supreme safety giver and protector. You alone can bring peace, and You sent it through Your son to this Earth. I ask that You would draw those in these positions near to You that they may know the Prince of Peace, and that they would feel Your mighty arm of protection surrounding them. I pray that You would turn their hearts to You, that they will serve You as they serve the people.

In Your name and for Your glory I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: