Sunday, March 15, 2009

There is a Fountain Filled with Blood

Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. I Peter 1:18-19

God had a plan to bring us to Him and bring an end to the animal sacrifices and the endless rules under the old covenant. He knew that man could never live up to those requirements.

Now, we are under a new covenant. But it was not without cost. Jesus had to die on the cross to pay for our sin. He paid the price with His blood - we were not redeemed with perishable things but with the precious blood of Christ. It's Christ's blood that enables us to lose all our guilty stains - we can go to this fountain and no matter how vile our sin be, His blood washes it all away. His blood will never lose its power - Jesus Christ paid the price once for all - for all sinners past, present and future.

For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; Romans 6:10

For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; I Peter 3:18

I couldn't agree more with the author of this hymn: redeeming love has been my theme and will be til I die. Without Jesus, I would be forever separated from God. His work on the cross reconciled me to God and saved me from His wrath.

Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.
II Corinthians 5:18

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. Romans 5:9

Let us never forget that our salvation was bought with a price - the precious Son of God laid down His life for us that we might never die.

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! II Corinthians 9:15

There is a Fountain Filled with Blood
Words by William Cowper

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel’s veins;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.
Lose all their guilty stains, lose all their guilty stains;
And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains.

The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day;
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away.
Washed all my sins away, washed all my sins away;
And there have I, though vile as he, washed all my sins away.

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood shall never lose its power
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more.
Be saved, to sin no more, be saved, to sin no more;
Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more.

E’er since, by faith, I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.
And shall be till I die, and shall be till I die;
Redeeming love has been my theme, and shall be till I die.

Then in a nobler, sweeter song, I’ll sing Thy power to save,
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.
Lies silent in the grave, lies silent in the grave;
When this poor lisping, stammering tongue lies silent in the grave.

Lord, I believe Thou hast prepared, unworthy though I be,
For me a blood bought free reward, a golden harp for me!
'Tis strung and tuned for endless years, and formed by power divine,
To sound in God the Father’s ears no other name but Thine.

No comments: