Wednesday, March 18, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 19

We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater; therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for your perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and afflictions which you endure. II Thessalonians 1:3-4

Dear God,

Today I pray for our Christian brothers and sisters who live in persecution for their faith. I know I have no idea what they must go through every day just to be able to worship You, read Your word and fellowship with other believers. I come to You in thanksgiving that I am able to do all of that freely.

I pray Lord that You would give these children of Yours safety and protection as they seek to know You and to spread Your gospel. I pray that You would open the hearts of the people in leadership in these countries that they would no longer promote persecution, or even tolerate it.

Lord, I pray that You would give these believers boldness in their faith, that they might not waver in their dedication to You and Your word; that they would be strong in their stance for proclaiming Your name and bringing glory to You. I ask that You would give them strength to persevere and that You would increase their faith. Lord, make Your presence known to them, and bring them comfort and encouragement today.

I ask it in Your name,
Amen.

No comments: