Wednesday, March 11, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 13

But the LORD has been my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge. Psalm 94:22

From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

Believe God's word and power more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it is not the Rock which ebbs and flows, it is your sea. --Samuel Rutherford

Dear Lord,

It is so difficult to overcome our own feelings. I pray today that you would call us to look to You, our Rock, and to believe what you have said in Your word. Help us not be swayed by what we feel or experience; give us strength to believe, as an act of our will, that You will do what you say You will, and that Your power can overcome any situation. Lord, You promise us through your prophet Isaiah that Your word will not return to You empty; it will accomplish what You desire. When the sea of my life ebbs and flows, help me to cling to You, the Rock of my salvation, the Rock that is higher than I.

In Your mighty name I pray,
Amen.

No comments: