Friday, March 20, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 21

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

I do not want to lean on my own understanding. I have so little of it to lean on! I ask that You would keep me trusting in You and looking to You instead of looking to myself. I know that I do not have the answers nor do I know how to fix the various broken parts of my life. I come before You with praise and thanksgiving that YOU DO! I thank You that You know me, that You care for me, that You have the best in mind for me. I thank You that You have the plan for me. I thank You that you CAN be trusted.

My dear Father, I want to acknowledge You more. Make me aware of Your involvement in every aspect of my life and change my heart and mind to be more grateful to You. I am overwhelmed when I think of all the blessings of every day, and I thank You that You pour out Your grace over me. Your mercies are new every morning.

Lord, keep my paths straight as I desire to bring glory to You today. Lead me in Your way according to Your word. Write Your word on my heart that I may not sin against You. Guide me and direct me today, O God.

In Your precious name,
Amen.

No comments: