Friday, March 27, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 27

He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor. Proverbs 22:9

Dear Lord,

Today I pray for those who are hungry. I thank You that I always have enough to eat, more than enough, and food of every kind. I thank You that I can go into any store in town and buy exactly what I want, even if it is a non-essential. I fully realize that not everyone in my community or in this nation can do that, and for that blessing I am grateful.

Dear Lord, I ask your protection over those who are hungry, in this nation and around the world. I pray that You would turn the hearts of those who have plenty to eat, that we would be generous in sharing what we have so that others don't go hungry.

Lord, make us good stewards of what You have given us - give us wisdom and discernment so that we are not wasteful.

Lord, I pray Your blessing over those who are ministering to the hungry. Give them strength for their task and bless their efforts that the food they have to distribute may be multiplied.

Father, give us generous hearts and minds, that we might graciously share what You have given us.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: