Thursday, March 12, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 14

Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
Colossians 3:23-24

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

I thank You for the job you have given me, a job I enjoy and look forward to doing every day. Thank You for blessing me in this way. I pray today for all workers, doing the work that You have given them to do. I ask that we would all do our work as unto You - for You are the one whom we serve. Lord, may our diligence and attitudes toward our work draw others to You, as they see our willingness to serve You by serving others and doing our jobs to the best of our abilities. Thank You for the skills and gifts You have given each of us. Thank You for making us each unique and for placing us in positions where we can glorify You.

Lord, I pray for those who don't love their jobs. I pray that they will glorify You through their work, being encouraged that they are serving You. I also lift up those who are not working but who desire to be working and are looking for jobs. Lord, give them patience and perseverence in this tough time. I pray that You would guide them to the job You have selected for them, and draw them to Yourself that they may trust You more during this season of their life.

Lord, use us in Your service, in whatever job You have placed us.

For Your glory I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: