Wednesday, March 4, 2009

40 Days of Prayer: Day 7

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Dear Lord,

I am so thankful that my ways are not Your ways. For I only see the temporal, the small picture, the narrow view. You have the whole picture and You are directing it in my life to bring You glory. I admit, Lord, that I am easily frustrated because I wish I could see the picture as You see it. Give me grace to trust You more, to lean hard on Your word that reassures me that Your ways are higher than mine.

I thank You that You have given us Your word and that through it, I can begin to know Your thoughts and Your ways. I thank You that You can be trusted. I praise You for your sovereignty, Your omnipotence, and Your holiness. I humbly ask that You continue to work in my life, showing me Your ways and guiding me in Your path.

In Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments: