Friday, March 6, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 9

Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.
I Timothy 6:17-19

Dear Lord,

You have been so generous with me. You are the One who richly supplies with all things to enjoy. I pray Lord that I would not fix my hope on earthly riches. This last year has shown me in "real life" what Your word tells us: riches are uncertain. I must keep my eyes and my hope fixed on You, the giver of all gifts. I know Lord that Your promise is true: You will provide for all my needs.

I ask You to make me generous. I want to be rich in good works and ready to share. I want my life to reflect Your generosity to me. God, please change my heart where it needs changing in regards to this. If there is any area which I am not generous or willing to share, show me that so that I may correct it. All I have is Yours, Lord, and I desire to use it to bring You glory.

In Your name,
Amen.

No comments: