Sunday, March 22, 2009

Near the Cross

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Colossians 2:13-14

Dear God,

Thank You nailing my sin to the cross. Thank You for Your precious Son who took my sin upon Himself. Thank You that the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against me is canceled.

Lord, it is my desire to be near to the cross. I want to walk with its shadows over me so I will not forget the price that was paid for my salvation. I want to glory in what Jesus has done for me, and I want to live in such a way that others see Him living in me.

Draw me near to Your side, Lord, that I may share in Your sufferings and Your resurrection. I want to keep my eyes on You, hoping and trusting ever. I will make my boast in You alone.

In Your name,
Amen.

But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Galatians 6:14

Near the Cross
Words by Fanny Crosby

Jesus, keep me near the cross,
There a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream
Flows from Calvary’s mountain.

Refrain
In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.

Near the cross, a trembling soul,
Love and mercy found me;
There the bright and morning star
Sheds its beams around me.

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
Bring its scenes before me;
Help me walk from day to day,
With its shadows o’er me.

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait
Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand,
Just beyond the river.

No comments: