Thursday, March 26, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 26

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

I need to be reminded of this exhortation every day, every hour. My selfishness is so prevalent in my life - help me keep my eyes on You and act as You would act - regarding others as more important than me, focusing on others' needs rather than my own. Lord, I know I fall short in this area. Please forgive my sin, and give me opportunities to practice this principle, to make this a new way of life. I thank You that I can do all things, even difficult selfless things that are contrary to my sinful nature, because Your Spirit lives in me.

Humbly I pray,
Amen.

No comments: