Thursday, March 5, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 8

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. I Timothy 2:1-2

Dear God,

You are the King and Ruler of this Universe. I come to You today to pray for those who are ruling our country at this time. Lord, they are in authority over us, and I pray for Your protection over them.

Most of all, Lord, I pray that You would turn their hearts toward You. Please guide them and direct them as they make decisions, and show them Your will. I ask that You would give them wisdom and discernment as they are making critical decisions every day, even every hour. I ask in Jesus' name that You would draw these leaders to Yourself, that they might know Your word and Your desire for this nation.

I also pray for believers in our country. Lord, speak to their hearts and encourage them to pray for our leaders. Give us boldness in our requests, because You have made the way for us to come boldly before the throne of grace, and for that I praise You.

I ask these things for Your glory,
Amen.

No comments: