Sunday, March 17, 2013

When O'er My Sins I Sorrow {verse 4}

“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.” Revelation 5:12

So what is our response to the suffering of Jesus on our behalf? What should we do to show Him our gratefulness for His guiltless death?

This hymn has the answer: I will forever give glory unto Thee, O Jesus, loving Savior, for what Thou didst for me.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory forevermore. Amen. Galatians 1:3-5

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36

I will spend my breath in songs of thanks!

In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:18

For nothing of this world can compare to what Jesus did for me.

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. Hebrews 13:15

I will make His name known, and make His name great, among the people so that He will receive the glory and thanks for saving me. And I will look forward to the day when every knee will bow and confess Him as Lord!

So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11



When O’er My Sins I Sorrow
Words by Jus­tus Ge­sen­i­us

When o’er my sins I sorrow,
Lord, I will look to Thee
And hence my comfort borrow
That Thou wast slain for me;
Yea, Lord, Thy precious blood was spilt
For me, O most unworthy,
To take away my guilt.


Oh, what a marvelous offering!
Behold, the Master spares
His servants, and their suffering
And grief for them He bears.
God stoopeth from His throne on high;
For me, His guilty creature,
He deigns as man to die.


My manifold transgression
Henceforth can harm me none
Since Jesus’ bloody passion
For me God’s grace hath won.
His precious blood my debts hath paid;
Of hell and all its torments
I am no more afraid.


Therefore I will forever
Give glory unto Thee,
O Jesus, loving Savior,
For what Thou didst for me.
I’ll spend my breath in songs of thanks
For Thy sad cry, Thy sufferings,
Thy wrongs, Thy guiltless death.

No comments: