Thursday, March 7, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 20

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. Isaiah 40:28

Dear God,

What glorious reassurance this verse brings us! You, the Everlasting God, who created the ends of the earth do not become weary or tired. How often, Lord, do I become weary and tired - yet, You do not. Thank You, Lord, that You do not. I am so often weary, contemplating the sinfulness of this world, sorrowing over the people who have neglected You and Your Word. I know that You have a plan and that in Your faithfulness You will work it out. And so, I come before You, acknowledging that indeed, Your understanding is inscrutable. You are God, and I am not.

Humbly,
Amen.

No comments: