Friday, March 22, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 33

The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:20-21

Dear Lord,

I am thankful for the Law, for through it, I see how desperate I am. I cannot possibly keep the Law on my own merit. I cannot possibly live up to Your holy standard. The Law came so that the transgression would increase - for the Law shows me what a sinner I am. But that's not the end of the story! Where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life! Just as the Law shows me what a sinner I am, Your grace shows me how fully saved I am! I am so thankful for Your amazing grace, that covers my sin, calls me righteous, and gives me eternal life with my Savior! Thank You for abounding grace. Thank You for Jesus.

Amen.

No comments: