Saturday, March 16, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 28

For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8

Dear Lord,

I was helpless and You died for me, the ungodly. This is love. You didn't wait for me to become better, to get over my sin, to improve. You didn't wait for me to become righteous because You knew I could not. Apart from You, there was no hope for me. While I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me. What an awesome demonstration of Your love for me! I cannot repay, nor could I try. Thank You for Jesus. Thank You for not waiting to save me.

Amen.

No comments: