Friday, March 1, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 15

Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26

Dear Lord,

These verses are such reassuring truth to hold on to and to cling to. My flesh and my heart may fail, but YOU are the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Lord, I do not want to desire anything on earth except You. Keep me from loving the things of this earth, and protect me from their sway. Keep my in Your word and in communion with You so that everything else fades into the background. Thank You that You are the strength of my heart, even when I don't have the strength in myself. You are enough for me, God, and I praise You.

Amen.

No comments: