Monday, March 18, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 29

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Romans 5:9-11

Lord,

I want to thank You for saving me from God's wrath. I don't think everyone understands the gravity and seriousness of this gift - because of Jesus' saving work on the cross, I will be spared God's wrath. Jesus saved me from it. I do not have to face God on my own power - because I am justified by Jesus' sacrifice, God now looks at me and sees Jesus.

As a sinner, I was far away from You, God. But Jesus, through Your blood I am brought near. I have been reconciled to God, and saved! And I can now exult in God through Jesus, as it is He who brings me reconciliation. I was Your enemy and instead of casting me away, You brought me near through Jesus. Thank You God, for your incredible plan that reconciles enemies to Yourself. Thank You for choosing me. Thank You for saving me.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: