Friday, March 15, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 27

And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:3-5

Dear Lord,

Thank You for the promise of these verses. For as I exult in the hope of Your glory, I know that I can also exult in tribulations. Lord, this is not a popular idea in today's culture - to exult in trials. But I thank You for what You promise through them - my growth and shaping to be more like Jesus. Through trials I learn perseverance which develops proven character, and then hope. I thank You that hope doesn't disappoint - because You have given me Your spirit who pours Your love into me. Thank You that because of that, I CAN exult in tribulations.

Amen.

No comments: