Wednesday, March 27, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 37

Then one of the twelve, named Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, “What are you willing to give me to betray Him to you?” And they weighed out thirty pieces of silver to him. From then on he began looking for a good opportunity to betray Jesus. Matthew 24:14-16

Dear Lord,

I am a sinner just like Judas Iscariot. Forgive me for not being completely sold out to You, for not following You closely enough, for not representing You well enough. Thank You for Your grace that covers me, even when I stumble. Lord, may I never be Judas! May I never look for an opportunity to betray You! I do not want to trade my love for You and my following of You for thirty pieces of silver or any other earthly thing, even if it is my life. Draw me to Yourself, Lord, that I would be completely satisfied in You, and not tempted by the silver pieces of this world - that my allegiance would not be sold, but instead that my allegiance would draw others to Your redeeming love.

Amen.

No comments: