Thursday, March 1, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 8

Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26

Lord,
I pray that these verses from Psalm 73 would ring true in my life, every day. That besides You, I would desire nothing else on earth. Oh, how I need you, Lord! You are the strength of my heart. You are my portion forever. I thank You that when the day comes for You to call me home, that even though my flesh and my heart may fail, You will bring me into eternal glory with Your Son. Thank You for the promise of eternal life and a secure future with You. Take away my desire for things of this earth, and help me to keep my eyes, heart and mind on You.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: