Monday, March 5, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 11

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. I John 2:15-17

Dear Lord,
How I want to do Your will. I want to claim Your promise of living forever because I am doing the will of God. Take away my desire for things of this world. Your word says that the things of this world are passing away, and how we see that every day in our society. Lord, I don't want to be caught up in the "muck" of this world. Take away my love for it, and increase my love for You and devotion to You.

I ask it in Your Name,
Amen

No comments: