Tuesday, March 6, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 12

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3

Dear Lord,
What a Shepherd You are! Thank You for being my Shepherd. Thank You for providing green pastures for me. Thank You for leading me beside quiet waters and for restoring my soul. Thank You for guiding me in paths of righteousness. Thank You that all of this is done for Your glory; for Your Name's sake! Lord, I find it easy to follow such a gentle and generous Shepherd. You have given me everything I need, and so much more. Just as a shepherd stays close to his sheep, draw me near, dear Lord, that I might hear Your voice. I don't want to miss the green pastures or quiet waters that You are leading me to; help me to take full advantage of what You have prepared for me.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: