Friday, March 30, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 33

"Thus has the LORD of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.'" Zechariah 7:9-10

Dear Lord,

Today I lift up to you the widows and the orphans. I pray that You would draw near to the orphans that they may feel Your love as strongly as they would from a human father. I ask that You would give strength to those who are caring for orphans, and give hope to the older ones who are waiting for families. Open the hearts of people, Lord, to care for and adopt these children, if that is Your will for them.

I lift up the widows to You. Lord, comfort them with Your lovingkindness and show Your faithfulness to them especially when they feel desperately alone. Lord, quicken the hearts of those who are friends and relatives of the widows, that they might reach out and be Your light to them here on earth, through time spent together as well as in prayer for them.

Lord, help me to practice kindness and compassion, to those I love, but also to strangers and those who may not reciprocate. May Your love flow through me and be a blessing to those I am in contact with today.

For Your glory I ask it,
Amen

No comments: