Wednesday, March 14, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 19

...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the author and perfecter of faith. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on you regardless of my situation. Help me to remember what You did - endured the cross and despised the shame - remembering all the time the joy set before You - the job of sitting at the right hand of God. When I am facing difficulty, show me the joy that You have set before me, the promise of a life spent with You, that I may endure and persevere, all the while keeping my eyes on You. Thank You for being my example.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: