Monday, March 26, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 29

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. I Timothy 2:1-2

Dear Lord,

I want to live in obedience to You, and You have called me to prayer. Not only for my own requests but on behalf of all men. Lord, today I pray for those who are in authority in our government. I ask that You would guide and direct them according to Your will, that they may make wise decisions. Lord, I thank You that You can turn the heart of the kings, and I ask You to do so. I pray that those in authority who don't know You would be convicted of their sin and brought to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, that they would then seek to do Your will. Lord, bring the leaders of our nation to their knees, that they would humble themselves before You and seek after the things that You love.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: