Tuesday, March 13, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 18

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us... Hebrews 12:1

Dear God,
I thank You for the great cloud of witnesses surrounding us. I think about the Godly men and women who have gone long before me: Abraham, Ruth, Esther, Paul, Phoebe, John, and I think about the many in my generation who I look to as examples of faith and perseverance. I thank You that You have shown me these people and that they have guided me in my life so that I might live by their example in running the race that is set before me. Lord, help me to be a great witness to those around me and to those who come after me so that they might also run their race with endurance.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: