Wednesday, February 29, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
II Corinthians 1:3-4

Dear God,
How I praise You that You are the Father of merices and the God of all comfort! You are the One we can turn to when we are hurt, afflicted, torn, confused, and have just had enough of this world. Thank You that because of Your comfort for me, I can comfort others. Lord, help me to be a comfort to those that need comforting today. I may not know their whole story, Lord, but You do. Put me in their path so that I might offer the encouragement needed to help them turn their eyes and heart to You, the God of all comfort. Enable me to rest secure in Your mercies today, Lord, in gratefulness for who You are.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: