Thursday, February 23, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 2

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:14-16

Dear Lord Jesus,
As we come to this time of remembering your life on Earth, Your death on the cross, and Your resurrection, I ask that You would draw me to Yourself. I thank You that You are the Savior who can sympathize with my weakness. Help me to pour myself out to You, in every situation that I face, knowing that You are my high priest who has passed through the heavens. I am so grateful that I can draw near WITH CONFIDENCE to Your throne of grace! Thank You that I can come to You in my time of need, be it big or small. Thank You that You hear me. Thank You for the promise of Your Word - that I can find mercy and grace to help in my time of need. Hallelujah, what a Savior!

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: