Tuesday, February 28, 2012

40 Days of Prayer: Day 6

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

Dear Lord,
I thank You for this promise. Thank You that You have told us that Your Word will accomplish what You have set forth for it to do. Thank You that Your Word is sharper than a two-edged sword and can discern the matters of the heart. Lord, today I pray for those who are in the midst of a trial or difficult time. I ask that Your Spirit would move in them to direct them into Your Word. Encourage them through the Scriptures, Lord, and give them hope. Help them to see Your promises, and that Your Word has everything they need for life and godliness.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: