Thursday, March 17, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 8

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Philippians 2:5-8

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank You for humbling Yourself. Thank You for Your obedience that led You to death, a painful death on the cross. Thank You for emptying Yourself for me. Holy Spirit, be at work in my heart and my mind. I want to have the same attitude as You, I want to humbly serve and be obedient in everything to my Heavenly Father. Change me, O God, and make me more like the image of Your precious Son.

In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: