Monday, March 14, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 5

Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8

Dear Lord,

How I want to know You! This passage just speaks to my heart today as I want to have these qualities and I want them to increase. I don't want to be useless or unfruitful in the true knowledge of You, and so I ask Your Holy Spirit to give me discipline and diligence, that I may increase in moral excellence, knowledge, self control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love. Lord, may the fruit of my faith be evident to all those around me and may it bring You glory, for You are worthy to receive all glory, honor and praise.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: