Thursday, March 24, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 14

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray today that You will guard and direct my heart and mind. I want to obey Your word and dwell on the things that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellence and worthy of praise. I don't want to be distracted by things my eyes and ears and mind should not concentrate on, but focused on the things that are worthy of praise and that bring You glory. Lord, keep my mind from wandering. Keep me out of the mire of negative thinking, of worrying about the future, of being critical and judgmental, and engaging in discussions or thinking that is not glorifying to You. Lord, I want to please You. Send Your Holy Spirit today to be my guide.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: