Monday, March 21, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 11

But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. II Peter 3:8-9

Dear Sovereign God,

Even as I pray for Jesus' quick return and long for my real home, I am reminded that You are God and I am not. Your word tells us that You You are not slow about Your promise, but that You are patient. I thank You for your everlasting kindness! You are patient because You do not wish any to perish. I thank You that it is Your desire that all would come to repentance before Jesus comes again. I know we feel like we've been waiting a long time, Lord, but to You a thousand years is like a day. I praise You and give You glory for Your sovereign plan and Your unending patience toward us, Your creation.

Lord, I pray for those who don't know You. I pray that each one would heed Your call, be open to the Spirit's prompting and come to repentance. I pray that we would be prepared for Jesus to come again. Lord, make me a light in this dark world to point people toward You, that they may see Your patience and Your lovingkindness.

In Your Great Name I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: