Friday, March 11, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 3

"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, or have you seen the storehouses of the hail?" Job 38:22

Dear Almighty God,

Today's new and abundant snowfall is a wonderful reminder of Your sovereignty over creation. Thank You that You are the God who provides the rain, the sun, the clouds, the snow, the hail and the thunder. Thank you for the change of seasons to delight us. Lord, I pray that I would not question You or want to instruct You as Job was doing in this passage. I thank You for Your almighty power and ask that I would be mindful of Your power in creation.

Lord, today I also pray for those who are suffering across the world as a result of the earthquake and the tsunami. Even those things are not out of Your control, Lord, and I pray for safety for those involved and that You may be glorified even amidst the devastation.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: