Friday, March 25, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 15

Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. Colossians 3:18-19

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

Today I come before you asking for Your wisdom for husbands and wives. I pray for wives, that they would be obedient to Your word and respect their husbands, honoring them and glorifying You. I pray for husbands, that they would love their wives and live with them in an understanding manner, as You have directed them. Lord, I pray that Your Holy Spirit would be at work in marriages, that both parties will be sensitive to Your leading and directing. I pray that marriages would, as You have authored in Your word, be a picture of Christ and His church. May unbelievers come to a saving faith in You as a result of strong Christian marriages that show the world what it is like to be the bride of Christ.

For Your glory I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: