Saturday, March 26, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 16

Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Dear God of Creation,

Today I praise You for the bright sunshine that lifts my spirit. It's like I feel You shining down on me, lighting up our world with Your brightness and glory. As I think about the sun shining, I am reminded of Jesus' exhortation to let my light shine. I ask that You would guide me today in being cognizant of what I am projecting to others and I pray that it would be bright light! Lord, it is my desire that I would shine because of You in me and that the fruit of my growth in You would be evident to others; that they would see my good works, made possible only because of You. And most importantly, Lord, I pray that as a result, many others would give You glory, because You are the One worthy of all glory, honor and praise.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: