Tuesday, March 30, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 36

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you."
John 14: 16-17

Dear Lord Jesus,

I thank You for these words that You left us with before going to the cross. I thank You that You promised not to leave us as orphans on this earth, but that You would come again. (John 14:18) I praise You for Your promise that until that time, another Helper is provided by the Father. Even though You couldn't stay on earth, You and the Father had a plan for how to not leave us alone: Your Holy Spirit dwells in each believer and I thank You for His presence. I ask that the Holy Spirit would guide and direct me today; that I would walk in Your way and follow Your will and that I would keep my eyes on You, the author and perfecter of my faith.

In Your Providing Name,
Amen.

No comments: