Friday, March 26, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 33

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

Dear Lord,

Today I thank You for all the saints who have gone before me - such a great cloud of witnesses! I thank You for Your word in which You have left us great stories of Your faithfulness to the previous generations. I thank You that their stories of faith and perseverance are an encouragement to me today as I seek to run the race set before me. I ask that You would lift my head; that You would fix my eyes on Jesus in whom my faith rests. I pray that I would be focused on the joy set before me, the eventual reunion with You in heaven, and that I would not be entangled by this world. I pray that You would give me strength and grace to endure what You have ordained for me here on this earth and that I would never lose sight of Your love that will bring me to You.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: