Monday, March 22, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 29

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

How I cling to the truth of this verse! I thank You that Your Word will not return to you void, but will accomplish what You desire. I thank You that Your Word is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

Lord, I pray that today You would call all believers to a diligent study of Your word. I ask that You would focus our hearts and minds that we may be diligent to present ourselves approved to God as workers who do not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth (II Timothy 2:15). Thank You, Lord, that we have so many tools at our disposal in which to help us study. Thank You most of all that we have the Spirit who guides and directs us in our work to know and do Your Word.

Lord God, send Your Spirit to guide and direct us in our study of Your Word. Open our eyes to Your truth and Your instructin. Enable us to know Your word and do it, so that we may say along with the Psalmist, "Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11)

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: