Wednesday, March 10, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 19

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise), SO THAT IT MAY BE WELL WITH YOU, AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH. Ephesians 6:1-3

Dear God,

Today I pray for all children. I pray that You would give them a heart of obedience toward their parents. I pray that You would impress upon them that learning to obey is important; for when we obey our earthly parents, we learn to obey You, our Heavenly Father.

I pray not only for young children, but for all children. I pray that You would show us how to show and bring honor to our fathers and mothers. Thank You for giving me a wonderful earthly mother and father who live according to Your word and show Your love to others. Help me to be even more honorable in my actions toward them. I thank You for the promise in this commandment.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: