Saturday, March 13, 2010

40 Days of Prayer: Day 22

Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY." I Peter 1:13-16

Dear Holy God,

I pray that You would give me the strength and grace to fix my hope completely on You. I pray that my mind would be prepared for action and that I would be sober in spirit. Lord, I do not want to be conformed to the lusts of this world. I want to be holy! God, make me more like Jesus. Cleanse me and change me to make me holy in all my behavior.

I praise You for Your holiness. I confess that I am a wretched sinner and I cannot possibly live without Your grace and forgiveness. You are worthy to be praised for You are holy. Lord, make me more like You.

Humbly I ask it,
Amen.

No comments: