Saturday, April 11, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 40

Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Philippians 2:8

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

Dear Almighty God,

Thank You for this season of Lent, for a concentrated time of drawing near to You through prayer.

Lord Jesus, as we await the celebration of Your resurrection on Easter morning, I give You praise for Your obedience to the Father. I ask that You would be at work in my heart, making me obedient to You, to whatever You require of me. Show me how to be more like You. Humble me, Lord, through obedience to You.

God, I pray that You would make me more like Jesus, that I would have His attitude. Help me to endure whatever You have in store for me, looking only to the joy set before me.

As this season draws to a close, I pray that I will keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith. Give me strength and perseverence to run the race set before me, and to live every day for Your glory.

Lord, keep me near Your cross. Let me never take for granted the cost of my sin, and embolden me to call on Your resurrection power.

In Your Powerful Name I pray,
Amen.

No comments: