Thursday, April 2, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 32

The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
Deut. 31:8

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, " ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?" Matthew 27:46

For He Himself has said, " I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU." Hebrews 13:5

Dear God,

I thank You for this promise that You will not forsake me. You didn't forsake Jesus as he hung on that cross, for You knew what His work there would accomplish, and You knew it was best for Him to finish it. I praise You that in that same way, You know what is going on in my life and the purpose for it, and even though it may be difficult, You know what it will accomplish, and You will not forsake me in the midst of it. Lord, I praise You that You will never let me go. I pray that You will let this truth penetrate deep into my heart and mind, that I may live every day in the confidence of Your nearness.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: