Friday, April 10, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 39

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many. Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!" Matthew 27:50-54

Dear Jesus,

It is with much gratitude and praise that I come before You today and thank You for completing the work that You came to Earth to do. I thank You that You took my sin upon Yourself, and died the death that I deserve. Today as I remember Your suffering in my place, I thank You for what Your death accomplished. I praise You that at Your death, the veil of the temple was torn in two! Your death provides direct access to God! Lord, I sing out with the centurion and all Your saints: Truly this was the Son of God!

In praise,
Amen.

No comments: