Friday, April 3, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 33

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

Dear Jesus,

I so want to abide in You. I know that I cannot bear any good fruit apart from abiding in You. Apart from You, I can do nothing. Lord, keep me focused on Your will and Your plan for me. I want my eyes set on You in all situations, pursuing righteousness and following Your word. Lord, I pray that I would not be distracted by the things of this world. I do know that this world has nothing for me, and You are my only hope in heaven and on earth. Give me an eternal perspective and a long term view.

Holy Spirit, be my guide as I study the Bible. Show me Your plan and encourage me with Your word. Show me the sin in my life and protect me from the evil one. Draw near to me, O Lord, that I may draw near to You.

For Your glory,
Amen.

No comments: