Thursday, April 9, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 38

While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." Matthew 26:26-29

Dear Jesus,

Today on Maundy Thursday we remember Your time in the Upper Room with the disciples. And I thank You for the last supper which gives us instruction on remembering You in this act of eating the bread and drinking the cup. I praise You that Your blood instituted a new covenant for us and set us free from the Law. Lord, we look forward with great anticipation to when You will drink the cup with us anew in God's kingdom. I give you all the glory, honor and praise for Your work on the cross and for being obedient to Your Father. Help me never to forget Your blood that made the new covenant possible for me.

With gratitude I pray,
Amen.

No comments: