Wednesday, April 8, 2009

40 days of prayer: Day 37

Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,

Today I praise You for the more than 20 people who were baptized at church last Sunday. I thank You that they made a public confession of faith in You, and that they were buried with You through baptism and raised with You to walk in newness of life. Lord, I pray for these adults, young people and children. Keep them close to you, Lord. Put them into Your word, and make them a beacon of light in this world.

I especially lift up the children to You, Lord. I was so encouraged by their faith, even as young, young people. Protect them from the enemy as they seek to walk with You and grow in their faith. Thank You for their testimony. I ask that they would be bold and courageous in sharing their faith with those they are close to.

As we look forward this weekend to celebrating Your death and resurrection, I pray that all of us as believers would remember that as we have been buried with You in death through baptism, we have been raised through the glory of the Father with You to walk in newness of life.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: