Thursday, April 21, 2011

40 Days of Prayer: Day 38

Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, and He will divide the booty with the strong; because He poured out Himself to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet He Himself bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12

Dear Jesus,
I thank You that You interceded for me, one of the transgressors. I thank You that because You poured Yourself to death, I can live. I thank You that You bore my sin on the cross so that I am not separated from God. I thank You for Your fierce love that caused You to sacrifice Yourself on my behalf. I thank You that even though I will never fully understand the enormity of that sacrifice, I am enveloped in Your love and forgiveness.

In Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: